Sunday, December 9, 2012

25 DofC Days 6,7,8,9: Hallmark Movies & The Shins


Day 9
"Wonderful Christmastime" by The Shins


So, I missed a few days. Let’s just all acknowledge that right now. In my defense, I’ve been busy learning how to illegally watch scripted series online, falling into the hypnotic trap that is Hallmark Christmas movies, and grocery shopping.

All have been exhausting and emotionally draining.

Especially grocery shopping. I spent at least 10 minutes trying to decide which butter I wanted. And then I had to make sure the eggs I bought came from free birds who roam at their leisure around the farm socializing. Or as the package states, “cage-free.” And then after that, I had to make a reference to that Portlandia skit about the chickens. (You should probably click that link if you want to be in on the joke.)

I mean, I don't want to be premature, but... Oscar nominee?
Right now, as I write this, I’m watching “A Bride for Christmas” on Hallmark. And yes, I actually recorded it specifically so I could watch it when I wanted. The title alone is a little off and made me conjure up images of someone ordering a bride off of Amazon.com or something. But in reality, it’s like a “How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days” knockoff. You know how at Walmart they have those fragrances that say, “If you like Tommy Girl, you’ll love Timmy’s Gal”? That’s kind of how this movie is.

But, doesn’t at all hinder me from watching it.

Later, I’m working on a holiday dress I’m determined to finish by Christmas. It’s from a Cynthia Rowley pattern and I picked out the prettiest emerald fabric ever. Even if it’s ill-fitting and the sleeves look a mess, I’m still wearing it and no one better say anything other than how cute I look.

So, I hope everyone else’s Sunday includes creativity and Hallmark movies, too. Today’s song is one I think of when I think of being busy around the holidays. Except for the obvious “Run Run Rudolph” that was featured in “Home Alone” when the gang is running chaotically through the airport. But I’ll save that for a day when it truly reflects the situation. It’s all very complicated, the song-choosing process, don’t try to understand.

AND I PROMISE TO TRY and continue the blogging every day thing, but don’t be mean if I flake out every once in a while. It’s Christmas so don’t be a jerk.

No comments:

Post a Comment